Since 2005 Mega-Stage decided to take the “greener road”, and introduced ECO2 program. Since then we have been encouraging sustainable development in all aspects of our operations, both within the company and when dealing with our clients. We have established a number of rules and regulations raising Eco-awareness among our team. At the beginning of 2008 a number of actions were taken to reduce transportation and to promote responsible purchasing.
Here are a few things we have implemented:
- Our facilities are located in an industrial area serviced by public transport - within five minutes walking distance from a bus stop. We are also situated in the vicinity of all our suppliers.
- We choose businesses that have sustainable development policies and practices in place. We make sure that the products we buy are Fair Trade certified, can be recyclable and/or recycled, reusable and/or reused.
- We help set up Eco-friendly programs for those sub-contractors who are not yet Eco-responsible.
- Mega-Stage encourages their customers to utilize environment-friendly techniques and methods when organizing and setting-up events.
- Our new mobile stages are built out of galvanized steel instead of regular, coated with paint steel. This dismisses any further maintenance or disposal of paint and harmful solvents.
- Our aging trucks are being replaced by more efficient models. Very frequently we rent trucks on site to prevent air pollution with long-distance hauling.
- We invest in LED technology to reduce energy consumption.
- We are always looking for new ways of reusing our equipment and giving it a second life.
- Our technicians are sent to their sites as a group rather than individually using service vehicles.
- All our clients and suppliers can use online services instead of filling out paper forms.
- All our printers have been replaced with units that have sleep and lower power consumption modes. Employees are required to print on both sides of paper.
- We use servers and hard-drives to back-up information.
- In all our activities we expect and encourage people to abide by our Eco-responsible rules and regulations.
- We recycle all carton, paper, plastic, glass and metal products.
- We have installed coffee machines for our employees at all of our workplaces. Recently we have banned paper cups, and encouraged all the workers to bring their own coffee mugs. Our cafeteria is outfitted with reusable cutlery and crockery.
- Wherever we can we plant flowers, trees and grass.